Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The End of The First Block!


Already the end of my first course is complete! Baking 101 finished with a smashing exam this past friday! The practical was blueberry muffins and jellyrolls, both of which I received a perfect score on! Earlier in the week, we finally got to dabble in some cake work and chocolate ganache, both of which I got noticed for. Although being noticed for my technical skills was a great boost, I wish my writing skills were on the same level, btu they'll get there. But whoever said writing in chocolate was easy, if anyone has ever said that must have been a seasoned french chef and not an American that chooses lemon curd over chocolate most days.

Everything else is going great , my job is going very well and I'm making more friends with every class gone by!

P.S. The pics featured with this post are my chocolate chiffon cake!

P.P.S Thanks to all that are keeping up with my blog and all your encouraging comments!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to pretend that cake was made just for me ;).

-LP

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, but it's really making me miss your cooking. I tried making coconut rice recently, but it didn't turn out as well as I remember yours. I guess I'll stick to writing papers and let you be the chef! ;)

Kim Ferguson

Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

I think your cake writing skills are define. I've decided I can't read your blog without something to munch on--it makes me hungry looking at all this gorgeous food!